On February 10, 2010, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Health Canada, Tiny Love Inc., and the Maya Group Inc. announced a voluntary recall of approximately 800,000 wind chime toys, due to a puncture and laceration hazard. The toys can easily be pulled apart by a baby, which exposes sharp metal rods.
The recall affects all wind chime toys sold separately or with the Gymini Kick & Play Activity Gym and Tiny Smarts Gift Sets. The following chimes have been recalled:
- Baby Wind Chime (item #493)
- Baby Wind Chime- Ocean (item #593)
- Tiny Smarts- Baby Bunny (item #512)
- Wind Chime- Duck (item #811)
- Wind Chime- Louie (item #516)
- Wind Chime- Ella (item #517)
- Tiny Smarts Gift Set- Bunny Wind Chime (item #539)
The company has received five reports of the wind chimes being pulled apart, with one incidence of the exposed metal rods puncturing a 24-month-old baby’s cheek.
The wind chimes and sets were sold at retail stores nationwide, including Toys “R” Us, Walmart, Target, Best Buy Baby, and TJ Maxx, from February 2002 through February 2010.
Consumers are urged to immediately remove the recalled wind chimes from a baby’s reach and contact Tiny Love at 888-791-8166 to receive a free replacement.